Monday, May 28, 2012

It's still hot out....and I'm hungry

So I made Shrimp Ceviche. I'm not sure if this is the correct spelling. My spell checker does not know either.  But I do know its one of my favorite things, ever. It is like a Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. But you can substitute shrimp for any white fish, that's cooked of course and cold.

I was too lazy to chop everything up into little tiny pieces which is typically how Ceviche is served, but whatever. You can chop it all tiny, or eat the pieces larger-it all tastes the same to me. Its simple and to die for.

Shrimp, cut up
Tomatoes, cut up
Onion, cut up
Cilantro, cut up
Jalapeno or Serrano pepper, cut up
Lime juice
Sea Salt

Mix it all up, and eat with some tortilla chips. I am currently addicted to Tostato's Fire-Roasted Chipotle chips-its from their "Artisan Brand" line and in reading the label-its surprisingly not bad for you. It is making a great lunch on another hot day.Wish it would stay like this tho-the more heat the better, and I have a ton of hot day recipes:)

PS If you don't want your avocados to start turning brown as mine were, sprinkle them with lemon or lime juice.

*if you are vegetarian but still eat fish, then you're good. If you are a vegetarian who eats no animal flesh, then you're SOL, same with vegan. I just don't think this would be the same with tofu, BUT I have heard of some vegan 'calamari' so there may be a vegan 'fish' product out there. Anyone know? Otherwise, no way to really alter this recipe. Avoid, or make it part of your 10%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment