Thursday, July 9, 2015

No excuses at all, even on the road truckers can do it

Please bear with me the next week or so. i broke my right arm (at the elbow) and well....I'm r handed. This has made typing nearly impossible and I'm in pain and pretty crabby as a result. I saw this today however and needed to share.....

Years ago I dated a long-distance truck driver, and I'd go on a few road trips with him. I was always astounded at the amount of shitty food choices available to the truckers. Most truck stops housed fast-food, diners and buffets. That, along with sitting all day getting little exercise, many of them smokers as well and drinkers on off nights-many were prime candidates for heart disease and obesity.

Now here's a guy who embodies exactly the kind of person I want my blog to reach-the atypical vegan. He's not only a truck driver-but a southern right out of Mississippi truck driver and ex-military to boot-I'm certain that his eating style prior to changing it all was as American as they come.

Not  only did he change his whole diet, eliminating meats and dairy-he's done it while living in a truck, on the road where again, healthiest food option might be a Subway-and that's an illusion of health.

If HE can do it-anyone can. Here's a little news blurb from the Today show and a link to his Facebook page filled with recipes and tips. See his success story and 65lb weight loss here. Vegan Trucking

Plant-fueled Trucker


No comments:

Post a Comment